The time for professional conference travel and presentations has arrived. Here is where you’ll be able to find me this fall.
- Society for the Social Studies of Science (4S), New Orleans, LA
- September 4: “‘When Things Fall Apart’: Genetic Return and Racial (Re)Pair of American History in Cameroon” for the panel, “STS & Africa – I: Bodies and Biomedicine”
- American Anthropological Association (AAA), Vancouver, BC, Canada
- November 22: “Rethinking the Grammar of Genetic Ancestry through Genetic Reconnection in Cameroon” for the panel, “Hortense Spillers and Anthropology: (Dis)orders and (Pre)histories of Black Culture”
- African Studies Association (ASA), Boston, MA
- November 22: “The Promise and Perils of Genetic Autochthony in Cameroon” for the panel, “The Politics of Belonging in Cameroon Part I.”
- November 23: ASA Roundtable on “What does Research on Health, Science, Technology, and Medicine Offer to African Studies?”
I’ll also be giving a guest lecture in the Department of African American Studies at the University of California, Los Angeles at the end of November.